Queensland Sheet Metal Blanket is a lightweight, laminate faced insulation blanket specifically designed to provide a combination of acoustic, thermal and condensation control under metal roofs or concrete soffits in residential and commercial buildings.
It consists of a bulk insulation blanket adhered to reinforced, reflective Thermofoil facing. The bulk insulation blanket is manufactured by spinning molten glass, containing up to 65% recycled content, into fine wool like fibres. These are bonded together using a thermosetting resin. The Thermofoil facing typically extends 150mm beyond one longitudinal edge of the blanket to provide an overlap for sealing the blankets.
Queensland Sheet Metal Blanket is designed to provide efficient acoustic and thermal insulation as well as condensation control under metal deck, fibre cement and concrete roofs in residential or commercial applications. Typical applications include the following:
- Residential and commercial metal clad roofs
- Under concrete slabs/soffits in roofs, car parks etc
- Commercial and industrial fibre cement roofs egs. offices, shopping centres, warehouses.
Queensland Sheet Metal Blanket is designed to reduce rain and aircraft noise and can be also substantially reduce reverberant noise within the building.
Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) – The insulation blanket is ideally suited to sealing ember entry points at ridges, valleys and fascia whilst the available facings comply with the BCA flammability index requirement of less than or equal to 5.
Health & Safety
This product is manufactured to the latest Fibre Bio-Soluble (FBS-1) Glasswool formulation and is not classified as hazardous according to the criteria of the ASCC (formally NOHSC) guidelines.
Benefits of Blanket
- Acoustic insulation: reduces unwanted airborne noises and reduces the impact sound of rain noise
- Thermal insulation: good thermal performance
- Condensation control: reduces the risk of condensation occurrence under metal roofs
- Available in a range of thicknesses to meet BCA energy efficiency standards
- Can be stored externally in water resistant packaging
- Can be custom cut to required length to reduce waste and installation time
- Made from a bio-soluble formulation
- Manufactured in Australia
Foil Fasteners for Fixing
Queensland Sheet Metal Foil Fasteners provide a quick and easy solution for fixing foil products to timber structures. They provide a more secure hold than staples and clouts, reduces tearing and are easy to attach to hardwood or pine. They have four pins and are 25mm in diameter.
- Always ensure that the insulation can recover to its design thickness by using spacer systems
- For optimum thermal performance the bright side of the Thermofoil is positioned in a downward direction adjacent to a still air space
- Applications must be sealed against the ingress of water and prevent the passage of water through joints or penetrations
- Foil repairs and penetrations must be treated with foil or Thermoplast tape
- Consult Queensland Sheet Metal for high humidity applications requiring additional precautions
|Product||Base Blanket R-value||Nominal Dimensions||Nominal Coverage/Roll (m2)|
|Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (m)|
|Maximum Service||Glasswood: 350°C; Reflective foil: 70°C|
|Fire Hazard Properties||When tested in accordance to AS/NZS 1530.3:1999||Ignitability:0
Spread of flame:0
|Corrosion Resistance||When tested in accordance to BS3958.5:1969||pH 18.104.22.168
Incapable to corrode steel
|Moisture Absorption||When left in a controlled atmosphere for 50°C and 95% relative humidity for four days||Less than 0.2% by volume|
|Flammability Index||AS 1530.2||The thermofoil range of facing laminates have a flammability index rating of ?5 (low)|
|Sample Specification||The insulation shall be blanket (select one of the following: 60, 80, 100, 100HP, 110, 120, 125, 130, 140, 145) that is thermally rate to AS/NZS4859.1 faces with (specify foil facing duty classification <LD, MD, HD>, specify exposed side finish <black/reflective>) laminate surface.|
Estimated Acoustic Performance
|Roof Profile||No Insulation (dB)||Blanket 55 (dB)||Blanket 100 HP (dB)||Blanket 145 (dB)|
Note: A. Calculations are based upon a roof area of 10m² with a roof sheet BMT of 0.48mm with no ceiling. B. The insulation is allowed to receover to its design thickness – use spacers as required. C. The insulation is sandwiched directly between the underside of the metal roof sheet and the building roof structure. D. Data is based upon ‘intense’ rainfall – additional information is available for other rainfall categories. E. The estimates are intended to be equivalent to ISO 140-3:1995.