Queensland Sheet Metal 300mm Diameter Whirlybirds, remove the very hot air (in summer) or damp air (in winter) trapped in roof space, which helps to stabilise indoor temperatures as well as improve ventilation, preventing damp conditions that cause mould and mildew.
Whirlybirds provide effective natural ventilation of the roof space keeping interiors fresher. Available in Colorbond® steel or Zincalume® (mill finish).
- Light, strong and durable construction
- Free flow 300mm throat
- Twin bearings with stainless steel balls
- Variable pitch base, 0 to 45º
- Suits tiled or metal roofs
- Provides natural ventilation powered by the wind. No electrical connection or ducting required
- Maintenance free operation. Relax and enjoy the benefits of cooler evenings and more comfortable living
How it works and saves
- Normal insulation is not enough to prevent heat radiation into your home. With effective roof space ventilation less heat is radiated into rooms allowing air conditioners and fans to cope more easily and save on power too
- Spinaway turbo ventilators use the free energy of the wind 24 hours a day, every day of the year… more comfortable conditions year-round
- Moisture laden air from inside the home, and outside air can condense and cause dampness. Ventilation prevents damage to ceilings and roof timbers, helps control mildew. Shaded areas of your home particularly benefit
- Ceiling insulation is less efficient when wet, and as a result more heating is needed to compensate. Ceilings can become mildewed too, good roof space ventilation overcomes these problems and reduces costs