Whether you’re building a new home, renovating or making additions, quality insulation should be a key consideration. Using insulated panels for your roofing, patios, carport and outdoor areas helps maintain a comfortable temperature all year round as well as protect your belongings from damage associated with fluctuating temperatures.
What is Insulation and How Does It Work?
Insulation creates a barrier against heat gain and loss in ceilings, roofs, floors and walls. The price and effectiveness of different types of insulation can vary, depending on the quality of the materials used. Most heat gain and loss occurs through the roof and ceiling, making it crucial to choose building materials that offer high levels of insulation.
The Benefits of Insulated Roofing
Insulated roofing panels are a revolutionary technology that combines?colour steel roofing?with the underlying insulation and ceiling into a single product. Some of the advantages of insulated roofing panels are:
- Improved comfort – Insulated roof panels help keep your home cooler during summer and warmer during winter, ensuring your family is comfortable all year round.
- Reduce energy bills – Insulated roof panels ensure your heating and cooling systems don’t have to work as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature inside, helping you reduce your energy bills.
- Minimise environmental footprint – A more energy-efficient home means you can minimise your emissions. Insulated roof panels from Queensland Sheet Metal are also made using eco-friendly materials.
Benefits of Insulated Panels for Patios and Outdoor Areas
Make your outdoor areas as comfortable as the rest of your home for relaxing and entertaining all year round. Insulated panels are suitable for patio enclosures, custom awnings, sunrooms, pool enclosures, outdoor kitchens, pergolas and gazebos. They help to reduce heat beneath the roof and minimise noise from rain and hail, adding beauty and functionality to the space.
Benefits of Insulated Panels for Carports
Whether your carport is connected to your home or sits separately, using insulated panels to maintain a mild temperature inside is a good idea. It means that when you get into your car on summer, it won’t be unbearably hot and force you to blast the air conditioner to get it to a comfortable level.
Many homeowners use their carports to store a variety of items. By insulating the space, you prevent damage related to heat stress and year-round fluctuations in temperature. If your carport is connected to your home, not insulating it properly can affect the overall energy efficiency.
Types of Insulated Panels
At Queensland Sheet Metal, we offer two different kinds of insulated panels to suit your style preferences:
- Insulated corrugated panels – these are the traditional style of roof panels for Queensland homes. They’re easy to install, offer fantastic protection and look great on any exterior.
- Insulated Five Rib panels – these are fantastic for both residential and commercial properties where style is important. You can choose from a huge range of colours.
Quality Insulated Panels in Queensland
There are multiple benefits to choosing Queensland Sheet Metal as your insulated roofing panel suppliers. We choose the highest quality materials and offer excellent warranties on all our products. To discover the best option for your home, patio, carport or outdoor area, speak with a consultant from Queensland Sheet Metal.
Call us on 1300 926 074 or request a quote online.