If you’re considering installing insulated corrugated panels for your home, patio enclosure, carport, custom awning, sunroom, pool enclosure, pergola or gazebo, you’ve come to the right place. In this handy guide, Queensland Sheet Metal explains how insulated panels work, their benefits, their best applications and important technical information.
What Can You Use Corrugated Insulated Panels For?
Corrugated roof panels are a classic look for Queensland properties, complimenting any exterior. They require minimal maintenance and are very easy to install. Plus, you’ll enjoy the benefits of a 15-year warranty. They are ideal for a variety of areas in your home:
- Roofing for your home – Insulated panels offer weather-tight cover for your home, keeping you cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Insulated roof panels offer a clean, uninterrupted ceiling finish inside your home by reducing the number of support beams required meaning your ceiling will be crisp and stylish.
- Outdoor areas – Using insulated corrugated panels for outdoor spaces like pergolas, patios, balconies and outdoor kitchens adds a lot of functionality and style. Heat reflective properties of the panels eliminate mildew and condensation while helping to maintain a milder temperature underneath it. Large panel spans mean less under structure and more open space thanks to fewer posts. Insulated panels also minimise noise from rain and hail so you can continue to relax, entertain and socialise in your outdoor areas.
- Carports – Keep your vehicles and any other items you store in your carport protected from the elements with insulated panels, ensuring the space inside is kept at a mild temperature. The need for fewer beams means you can make use of more space, fitting two cars in what might otherwise have only fit one.
How Our Insulated Panels Work
The revolutionary technology behind insulated panels combines colour steel roofing with the underlying insulation and ceiling into one product. All three of these layers become an integrated barrier to provide superior coverage.
The three layers consist of:
- A durable outer layer – G550 hi-tensile steel with finishes available in a huge range of colours.
- An insulated core – lightweight, thermally efficient, and available in a range of thicknesses and styles.
- A bottom ceiling layer – this is available in many profiles to suit your home.
Technical Specifications for Insulated Corrugated Panels
To help you choose the right insulated corrugated panels, we first need to explain some of the technical specifications of these products:
- 1000mm width
- Minimum of 2000mm in length (cut to order)
- K Value (thermal conductivity measure) of 0.037
- Withstanding a maximum temperature of 78 degrees Celsius
- Excellent protection against fires
Our corrugated panels are ideal for any application that needs temperature control from home roofing to cold storage and wineries.
Customising Your Corrugated Insulated Panels
Our corrugated insulated panels are available in a range of profiles with varying core thickness to match your desired insulation rating and budget. With such a wide range of colours available, it’s simple to match these panels with other elements in your home. With our additional products, such as gutters and downpipes, you can create a seamless appearance for your entire home.
Speak to a Queensland Sheet Metal consultant about your needs and we will create a custom solution for your home or business. Call us on 1300 926 074 or request a quote online.