Ribbed insulated panels are a consistently popular option when it comes to roofing for homes, carports, outdoor areas and other spaces where durability and temperature control is important. The unique ribbed design of these panels set them apart from other options in a few key areas.
What are Ribbed Insulated Panels?
Ribbed panels feature a pre-painted steel underside complete with tongue and groove roll-formed edge that is bonded to an insulating polystyrene core and a profiled roofing sheet on top. With an insulated core and a durable outer layer, these panels offer superior performance in both strength and in keeping out undesirable outside temperatures.
Technical Specifications of Five Rib Panels
Five Rib panels have been manufactured with a fire-retardant-treated core, making it a safe option for Queensland homes.
- 1000mm width
- Minimum of 2000mm in length (cut to order)
- K Value (thermal conductivity measure) of 0.037
- Withstanding a maximum temperature of 78 degrees Celsius
- Excellent protection against fires
You can also customise our Five Rib panels to suit your desired level of insulation with thicknesses of 50mm, 75mm, 100mm, 125mm, 150mm and 200mm available.
Recommended Uses of Five Rib Panels
Ribbed panels offer a timeless look and a level of functionality that make them well suited for a variety of applications, including:
- Roofing for your home – This three-in-one panel is fantastic for keeping your home cooler in summer and warmer in winter, reducing your reliance on heating and cooling technology. The result is a more comfortable home, lower electricity bills and reduced carbon emissions.
- Outdoor areas – Using insulated ribbed panels for outdoor spaces like pergolas, patios, gazebos and barbecue areas reduces heat and prevents condensation. These strong panels minimise noise and prevent damage from rain and hail.
- Carports – Keep your vehicles and any other items you store in your carport safely protected from the elements with these ultra-strong insulated panels.
Ribbed panels are also ideal for additional insulated roofing applications, including commercial roofing, wineries, eco-housing and cold storage facilities.
Benefits of Five Rib Insulated Panels
There’s simply no comparison between older roofing systems and the latest technology in insulated roofing. The key distinction of Five Rib panels when compared to other panels is that they are more durable due to the height of the peaks, making them suitable for harsh conditions. Other benefits include:
- Better water runoff capabilities at lower roof pitch angles
- Requires fewer unsightly support beams
- Better performance and protection during cyclones
- Reduces noise in your home
- 10-15 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Simple installation
- Customisable lengths to suit your needs
- A huge range of colours
- Available in a variety of thicknesses
- Two different ceiling finishes available to suit your home
The Five Rib panel from Queensland Sheet Metal has been designed and engineered to deliver unmatched performance benefits for Queensland homes.
Improve Your Home with Insulated Roof Panels
Queensland Sheet Metal is the insulated roofing panels supplier that you can rely on for top-quality products, expert installations, and great aftersales service. Speak to one of our consultants about your needs and we’ll help you find the right insulated roof panels to suit your home or business. Call us on 1300 926 074 or request a quote online.