With our sunny climate and warmer winters, outdoor living is part of life in Queensland. We love adding patios and other outdoor areas to our homes to host barbeques and dinner parties. But with thunderstorms, hail and soaring summer heat, it’s also important to ensure you can provide reliable protection from the things the Australian climate can throw at you.
With the right patio materials, you can ensure your outdoor spaces are a great place to relax and entertain all year round, regardless of the weather conditions. An insulated patio roof is an excellent way to reduce heat and protect your family, friends and furniture from the elements.
How Insulated Panels are Different From Normal Roof Sheeting
Where traditional roofing panels consist of a layer of high-quality steel, insulated roofing panels combine three layers that form the roof and the ceiling in one seamless construction.
The three layers in insulated roofing panels consist of:
- A durable outer layer – G550 hi-tensile steel with finishes available in a huge range of colours.
- An insulated core – lightweight, thermally efficient, and available in a range of thicknesses and styles.
- A bottom ceiling layer – achieve a sleek, ceiling look for your patio to add style and make the space a more welcoming place to spend time in.
These three elements combine to offer more functionality and style to your patio area. Insulated panels are also excellent for carports, pergolas, gazebos, custom awnings, sunrooms, pool enclosures and any other open or enclosed spaces where temperature control and protection from the elements is important.
Benefits of Insulated Panels
Traditional, single skin roofing is cheaper but choosing insulated panels provides you with a host of additional benefits and is cost-effective and easy to maintain. These benefits include:
- Reducing direct heat transfer through the roof of your patio
- Minimising noise from wind, rain and hail
- Better performance and protection in cyclones
- Preventing other effects from the weather like mould, mildew and condensation
- More space for relaxing and entertaining thanks to larger panel sizes that eliminate the need for numerous support beams.
- Stylish, clean white ceiling finish that looks great rather than a plain steel finish underneath
- Option to neatly install downlights or fans and conceal the cables
Choosing the Right Insulated Panels for Your Patio Roof
At Queensland Sheet Metal, we offer two different kinds of insulated roof panels to suit your style preferences and individual needs. They are:
- Insulated corrugated roof panels – these are the traditional style for Queensland homes and look great on patios. They’re easy to install and offer fantastic protection for your outdoor space.
- Insulated Five Rib roof panels – providing additional durability and strength, ribbed panels are excellent when you want to ensure your patio can withstand even the harshest conditions.
To discover the right option for your patio or outdoor area, speak to one of our consultants about your individual needs. Call us on 1300 926 074 or request a quote online.