In Australia, converting the old backyard shed in to a studio is virtually an art form. Some truly amazing designs and extremely practical options are available, so you’re sure to find an option that fits your practical needs as well as your budget.
Building your outdoor paradise can be a high value decision too, allowing you to add to the value of your property without reducing your space. Whether you’re looking to add a living space, a backyard entertainment area or just a safe place to play, a shed restoration is ideal.
Why Choose Sheet Metal?
To get your new studio design off to a good start, consider sheet metal as one of your main materials. Made to measure for style and comfort, sheet metal has a wide range of practical and design features that you can benefit from. With new designs options including Colorbond® roofing, insulated panels and patio materials, you can make your new space look and feel however you want.
Keeping Your Costs Down
No matter the size of your renovation project, there’s always the risk that you will blow your budget. Upfront costs are the big reality check for any kind of renovation and ongoing costs should be carefully considered too.
Metal buildings are extremely long-lasting, representing very low maintenance and upkeep costs. With sheet metal as a primary material, you won’t need to spend a lot of time or to keep your new studio in great condition. They’re also very budget-friendly when it comes to upfront costs and can be altered to match your design.
Converting Your Shed in 5 Easy Steps
Now that you’ve heard about materials, let’s talk about the best way to convert your shed. Fortunately, building a new studio is pretty straightforward. Just follow these simple steps:
- Check out designs online and talk to the professionals before you spend a cent. You’ll get a lot of useful information and advice.
- Check any council requirements for your build to ensure you’re compliant with any local government laws.
- Get quotes from builders for your preferred designs, and compare.
- Talk directly to sheet metal building suppliers about what you want – this saves money from the moment you pick up the phone and gives you instant expert help on standby whenever you need it.
- Enjoy your great new studio.
If you’d like some help with a new studio or shed conversion in Brisbane or the surrounding regions, talk to the team at Queensland Sheet Metal. Talk to our friendly experts about your needs, and we’ll help you make it happen.